The holiday shopping season is upon us. This year, touch-enabled Ultrabook convertibles and tablet devices offer a refreshing take on mobile computing without sacrificing performance or style. Below are a few helpful tidbits of information to help you in selecting that perfect device for yourself or the loved one on your holiday shopping list.
Intel-inspired Ultrabook convertible devices are putting a new twist – or, for that matter, a flip, turn or spin – on laptops and tablets this holiday season by blending performance, responsiveness and sleek designs with a premium computing experience.
Intel-based tablets are thin, highly-portable, have all-day battery life and are easy to use with advanced touch-screen capabilities.
- Undecided digital appetite? Ultrabook convertibles deliver both the functionality of a laptop and the touch-enabled experience of a tablet. The Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Ultrabook convertible, as one example, offers a 360-degree flip-and-fold design that can be used as a notebook and then transformed into a touch-screen tablet, folded into tent mode or switched into a stand.
- World traveler? Intel-based tablets are stylish, light and easy to take on the go. The Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T offers 9.4 hours of continuous video play time and nearly 13.5 hours of battery life.
- Overloaded luggage this holiday season? Ultrabook systems are less than one-inch thin so they slip easily into your bag without adding bulk.
- Style-conscious? Many of the latest Intel-inspired Ultrabook devices and Intel-based tablets are available in a variety of colors and several ultra-thin, ultra-sleek styles. Check out the Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T tablet in a mystic blue color or the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Ultrabook convertible in Clementine orange.
- So much to do, so little time? Intel Rapid Start Technology restarts Ultrabook devices from hibernate in less than 7 seconds, and from sleep even faster.
- Separation anxiety? Intel Smart Connect Technology, found in devices such as the Dell XPS 12 Ultrabook, seamlessly synchronizes email and social networks even when the device is in sleep mode, conserving power and battery life.
- Want to share your screen? Intel Wireless Display technology, found in devices such as the Toshiba Satellite U925T Ultrabook, wirelessly streams content to the large screen of a compatible TV, perfect for sharing holiday photos and videos with the whole family.
- Need peace of mind? Intel Anti-Theft technology is baked into the “brains” of Ultrabook devices making it possible to remotely lock down your device if it’s lost or stolen to keep your personal information personal. If recovered, the device can be quickly reactivated to full functionality. The Intel Atom processor inside many new tablets also has enhanced security features to ensure the system is secure, defends against malware, and protects secure data.
A computing device is more than just a shiny, new toy. It’s something that becomes the backbone of your daily activities – it’s your entertainer, your personal assistant, and your trusted resource. It’s your connection to friends and family as well as the hub of your digital life. So be sure to not only look for an Intel-inspired Ultrabook device or Intel-based tablet for your loved ones, but let them know you also want to unwrap one of these favorite devices this year.
Check out the list of available Intel-inspired Ultrabook devices and Intel-based tablets by clicking on the links below, and then visit Intel’s Facebook page starting at 9:15 p.m. PT this Thurs. for some hot Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
What will you enjoy doing the most with your new device? Watching favorite movies? Listening to music? Flipping through photos? Playing games? You’ll be able to access it all with lightning speed regardless of how many applications you have running.