Chances are, that when you’re looking at what friends and loved ones want for the holidays this year, tech gifts are at the top of the list. In its 21st Annual Holiday Forecast, the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) found that 3 in 5 adults are expected to give a tech gift this holiday season, totaling nearly $34 billion – more than ever before. At the top of the wish list again this year are tablets, laptops and smartphones.
Every year on Black Friday, consumers can find some of the best deals on electronics and this year is no different. There are hundreds of options for tablets, laptops, 2 in 1 devices and All-in-Ones, but you can’t go wrong with an Intel-powered device. Your loved one will be thrilled with the powerful processors, long battery life and even sleeker, fanless designs (thanks to Intel’s newest Core M processor). To get some starter ideas, check out Intel’s Holiday Buyer’s Guide.
The CEA found that 50 percent of Black Friday shoppers purchase something unplanned because of a great deal. So, if you’re brave enough to venture out to the mall on Black Friday or prefer to surf the Web from the comfort of your bed, be prepared and check out these deals from leading retailers:
- Best Buy: Purchase an ASUS MeMO Pad 7 with a case and 8GB Memory Card for just $99.99
- com: Save $380 on a Lenovo U530 Touch Laptop 15.6” powered by an Intel Core i7 processor
- Office Depot: Save nearly 50% on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series Laptop with a 15.6” touchscreen powered by an Intel Core i3 processor
- Staples: For just $99.99, get an Intel Atom-powered ASUS X205TA 11.6” HD Laptop
- Walmart: Save $50 on a Nextbook 8” Windows tablet powered by an Intel Atom processor
Need some tips for hiding your technology gifts from prying eyes this year? According to a Holiday Habits survey conducted by Intel, 3 in 10 parents use “fake” boxes to distract their children and nearly half (45 percent) change hiding spots every year. Don’t put it in the closet, under the bed or in the car – these are old news. Try hiding the gifts at a friend’s house or even at work! If you’re looking for more inspiration for holiday gifts this year, check out the 2014 Intel Holiday Collection, which is guaranteed to have a device for anyone on your list.