UPDATE: The contest entry period has ended, and an announcement of the winner is coming September 20, 2011. Thanks for your entries!
Inspiration comes in many shapes and sizes. For some it’s from an influential teacher, a favorite subject or the pursuit of a lifelong dream. Whatever it may be, it’s that special something that gives you the energy to complete your homework, study on weekends, share knowledge with others and always strive to learn more.
Whatever your motivation is, we want to hear from you! That’s why we’re hosting the “What Inspires You to Learn?” contest, June 13 – August 15. Tell us what inspires you to learn for a chance to win a Toshiba laptop with Intel 2nd Generation Core i5 technology for you, PLUS, a Sony Internet TV for your school!
It’s easy to enter: just e-mail your name, age, state, telephone number and answer to the question, “What inspires you to learn?” to email@example.com. Your entry must be at least 50 words, but you also can include photos, videos or other multimedia content that show your inspiration. Your entry will be judged by a panel of experts, so get creative to make sure your submission stands out from the crowd!
Remember, you have until August 15 to enter, so get inspired and send us your entry today. And if you need some ideas, check out the IdeaJam: Education videos on YouTube to hear students and teachers from around the country share ideas about innovation in their classrooms and what inspires them.
1. Contest is open to students age 14 – 18. If you are 14-17 years old, ask your parent or guardian to read the contest rules and enter on your behalf.
2. E-mail your name, age, state, telephone number and answer to the question, “What inspires you to learn?” to firstname.lastname@example.org (minimum 50 words)
3. You can include links to original photos, videos or other multimedia content that will add to your entry. Please only submit content that is appropriate at your school and that you would submit to your teacher. If you include content with someone in it, be sure that you have their written permission. You cannot use copyrighted material in your entry, unless you have specific written permission from the copyrighted material owner
4. Entries will be judged by a panel of Intel and education experts based upon: (1) Relevance to the question, “What inspires you to learn?” (80%), (2) compelling nature of entry, including supplementary materials submitted (20%). Note: your entry will not be made public unless you are selected as one of the winners.
5. Complete contest rules http://bit.ly/IdeaJamEducationRules