Traveling the globe with will.i.am is an adventure to say the least. So, we asked the production team who traveled with him to share some fun facts that they found interesting about the trip. Check out the list below.
1. Before the first course at the Hotel Condesa DF restaurant, the Intel team ordered appetizers of fried crickets and fried worms.
2. “Duck tacos were my favorite.” – Creative Agency Producer
3. will.i.am and his entire posse were excited to receive their Ultrabooks, but it was DJ Poet who was so totally stoked that he left his old computer behind.
4. When Joan Sebastian entered the Lucha Libra stadium to meet will.i.am for the first time, the crowd stood up and their cheers were deafening.
5. Traffic in Mexico City is the worst traffic in the world…worse than New York at rush hour. How bad is it? Traffic is so bad it’s common for CEOs to travel by helicopter to avoid it.
6. The quiet street artist Sego produced such dramatic incredible artwork
7. While visiting the Museo Soumaya, the team discovered that Salvador Dali did sculptures based on his famous paintings. A favorite was his melting clock. “Museo Soumaya was like walking through your art history book in college.” – Creative Agency Producer
8. will.i.am was greeted by screaming fans wherever he went, and the schedule stays confidential until the last moment. The production crew called Club Ragga on Monday to see if will.i.am could play on Tuesday night. Even though the club is normally closed on Tuesdays, a mere 24 hours later, Club Raga was filled to capacity with hundreds more lined up outside wanting to get in.
9. will.i.am is very personable and appreciative of his fans. Most times, he will stop and sign autographs or offers up a fist bump with fans.
Ever been to Mexico City? Please share your thoughts with us below.
will.i.am and the Ultrabook Project still have many cities discover. Where would you like to see him go next?
What would you like to know about will, his crew and his music?
Part travelogue and part insiders’ guide, the Ultrabook™Project is a musical journey and a global cultural experience through eyes and ears of hip hop music legend will.i.am.
In 2012, will.i.am began traveling to various cities throughout the world armed with an Ultrabook, exploring, documenting, collaborating with local artists, and ultimately creating original pieces of music inspired by each of the cities he visits.will.i.am has already traveled to Tokyo, Mexico City and Seoul.
The Ultrabook Project site gives you a free music download of each city’s newly created song, lets you read articles about will.i.am’s travels, and you can learn more about the power of creating with an Ultrabook. Also check out the interactive timeline where you can comment and share the Ultrabook Project with your Facebook friends.