Calling all 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) attendees!
Heading to Las Vegas for CES this year? If you’re planning to “check-in” at the conference on Foursquare, don’t forget to connect with Intel and check in at the Intel booth with your mobile device. Snap a photo of your favorite part of the Intel booth and share it with your friends on Twitter and Foursquare using hashtags #CES and #VisualLife – you could win a new laptop powered by an Intel Core i5 processor!
Please see below for our full rules and regulations. We look forward to seeing you at CES!
INTEL CES SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The “Intel CES Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to entrants who, as of the entry date, are legal residents of the United States, at least eighteen (18) years old who are attendees at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV (“CES”) and own a web-enabled mobile device (“Device”) that they possess at time of entry. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors of Intel Corporation (“Sponsor”), and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate families (defined as spouses and biological, adoptive or step-parents, legal guardians, children, siblings, or grandparents, their respective spouses and any dependent under applicable income tax law) or members of the same household (those who share the same residence, whether related or not) of each are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, are intended for viewing only within the jurisdictions where the Sweepstakes is offered and entrants must be present at the CES at the time they enter.
2. ENTRY PERIOD. The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 8:00 a.m. PST on January 6, 2011 and ends at 7:00 p.m. PST on January 9, 2011 (the “Entry Period”). Twitter’s server is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter online, an entrant must be a registered member of both foursquare.com and Twitter.com and must be following “Intel” on both platforms by visiting http://foursquare.com/intel and http://twitter.com/intel and selecting to follow Intel on Twitter and to add Intel as a friend on Foursquare. If you are not a registered member of either foursquare.com or Twitter.com or both, visit foursquare.com or Twitter.com to register for free and at foursquare.com, download the free smart phone application. Registration for and use of both sites is subject to Foursquare’s and Twitter’s terms and conditions, and Sponsor has no responsibility with respect to such registration or use. You agree to be bound by the Terms of Service for your Twitter account at http://twitter.com/tos and Twitter’s Guidelines for Contests on Twitter at http://help.twitter.com/forums/26810/entries/68877. Once a member on foursquare.com, you can begin by “checking in” (as described below) to the Intel booth at CES on foursquare.com.
In order to “check in” at the Intel booth at CES, an entrant must be in or immediately adjacent to the Intel booth and use his or her Device to access the foursquare.com system and follow the system’s instructions to “check in”. Entrant will then have the opportunity to take a photograph of his/her favorite part of the Intel booth and share it with others by posting it to their profile on Twitter.com and possibly, foursquare.com, using hashtags #CES and #VisualLife. The entrant will receive the automatic entry once it is posted on Twitter.com. There is no entry associated with posting the photo on foursquare.com. NOTE: Foursquare currently only promotes sharing of photos for iPhone and Android devices. All Sweepstakes entries must be received during the Entry Period. Limit one entry per person/Twitter account per day. A day is defined as the hours of operation of the 2011 CES. By posting a photo, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the necessary permissions from the people appearing in the photo for that photo to be posted for this Sweepstakes, and you have all necessary rights to post the photo. Photos deemed inappropriate, lewd or obscene, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any proper names, third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark or logo or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the entrant. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By submitting an entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the entry/photo (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter.com account will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Twitter.com account. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of the prize, as are the eligibility and other claims of/information provided by the potential prize winner.
NOTE ABOUT MOBILE: When you use Foursquare/Twitter via your Device, and/or download or transmit data via your Device, standard rates will apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including to possibly notify you if you are a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Check your Device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules, and any other documents, instruments, releases and agreements required under these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects. By participating, each entrant waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Sweepstakes-related advertising or materials.
5. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION. The Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly on or about January 11, 2011, from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Ogilvy PR (“Administrator”) on behalf of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. All federal, state and local laws apply. Prize will be awarded and winner will be notified initially by phone/direct message on Twitter. If winner cannot be reached by phone or direct message within 3 days of first notification attempt, an alternate winner may be selected and contacted. Potential winner will then be required to execute and return via mail/email, an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and an assignment of rights within ten (10) days (including weekends) of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and alternate potential winner may be selected. Return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected.
6. PRIZE. Grand Prize (1) and Maximum Approximate Retail Value (“Max. ARV”): A Sponsor-selected laptop powered by an Intel Core i5 processor. The Max. ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,000. Prize is nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award the prize of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. The Max. ARV of the electronics prize listed is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the Max. ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If the actual purchase price of an electronics prize is less than the Max. ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with the Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, acts of God or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor will award the prize in a random drawing to the potential winner from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
8. RELEASES. Liability Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, its member companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for, any liability of any kind related to the content of entrant’s entries or participation on a Twitter/foursquare account with respect to these Sweepstakes, participation in this Sweepstakes in any way, or acceptance of the prize. Publicity Release: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, city and state and photo(s) for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, altered, incomplete or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website, wireless service, or other service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to, entrant’s computer or Device which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes.
10. JURISDICTION. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the state of California. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Santa Clara and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the Santa Clara County Circuit Court or the U.S. Federal District Court for the state of California.
12. WINNER. For winner’s name, send an email with the subject line “Intel CES Winner’s Name Request”, to: email@example.com. Requests must be received by January 31, 2011.
13. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Intel Corporation, 2200 Mission College Blvd., P.O. Box 58119, Santa Clara, CA 95052-8119. Twitter and Foursquare are not Sponsors of this Sweepstakes.